The Staff Psychologist works as a member of a collaborative team providing both group and time-limited individual counseling and mental health programming to undergraduate, graduate and law students. The position involves frequent consultation with others regarding the well-being of students as well as crisis intervention services during and outside of regular business hours. The Staff Psychologist participates in a comprehensive program that is designed to enhance student development, foster responsible decision-making, facilitate the sense of campus community and assure accessible, quality clinical care to meet the psychological and developmental needs of our students.
- Doctoral degree in Clinical or Counseling Psychology or an allied field;
- Licensed or license-eligible as a psychologist in the state of New Jersey;
- Demonstrated competence in group counseling as well as time-limited individual psychotherapy with diverse populations;
- Experience in college/university counseling;
- Demonstrated competence in outreach and prevention program planning and implementation;
- Understanding of and willingness to support the Seton Hall University Catholic Mission;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Licenses and Certificates:
- Must be eligible to be licensed in NJ as a psychologist.
To apply, please visit the Seton Hall University website:
Seton Hall University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. It honors diversity and respects the religious commitments of all its employees. In turn, its employees respect Catholic beliefs and values, and they support its mission as a Catholic institution of higher education.